Old Houses: 1900-1945 (555)

Featured Discussions

Attic Floor insulation

Well it is that time of year... and I thought I should ask before I bought anything. Right now I have a very small amount of "rock wool" in…

Started by MartinLatest Reply

Insulating original windows

Hello! We are in the (long) process of restoring a 1930 bungalow that has 20-odd double-hung windows. My husband is repairing them himself,…

Started by Adrienne MLatest Reply

Color Selection Chart from 1920's

In items left by original owner we found this color selection chart. our home is a Gordon Van Tine catalog house but we feel that the color…

Started by Nick WylieLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Could anyone help me find out where to advertise my old house items?

I am quite new to this, so bear with me. I am salvaging wood and some other items from an old house that is going to be demolished. Where c…

Started by Cathy J Decker

0 21 hours ago

Old kitchen sink advice?

Hi everyone,  My husband and I are working on our 1905 Victorian, and the kitchen is next! We found an awesome old sink on CraigsList that…

Started by Kaitlyn E.

6 yesterday
Reply by Michael Cozad

What do I do with this kitchen?

I have added a picture of the kitchen of a home we are purchasing.  I love the brick flooring (original).  I want to keep the original kitc…

Started by LaDonna Dutton

9 on Tuesday
Reply by Mark W. Hoffa

matching late 1920's moulding

I'm trying to match some moulding but I have no idea where to find it. Any ideas? Thanks!

Started by John

7 Mar 13
Reply by John

Removing cement/plaster/The Blob from tiles

I recently purchased 10 antique tiles from a salvage company with the intention of creating a decorative panel. Most of the titles are n…

Started by Amanda Stroud

9 Mar 2
Reply by Donald Shore

New Knobs, Old Mortise Locksets

There is probably an easy answer to this question, but I can't seem to find it.  Several years ago, I bought and restored/remodeled a 1929…

Started by Julie

6 Feb 23
Reply by KARODY ROBBINS

Why is the center of my floor a different color?

Hello all, We are trying to unravel several oddities in our "new" home, which we believe was built in the 1920s.  In the center of the par…

Started by Shawn and Jessica Dow

4 Feb 23
Reply by Franz

Does an affordable source for authentic flat subway tiles exhist?

I am wondering if there is such a thing as an affordable source for subway tiles that are flat without pillowed edges that can be grouted t…

Started by Melissa Wolff

4 Feb 9
Reply by psychochix

range hoods - where can I find information on period authentic designs??

Hello! I am new to oldhouseonline and also a new owner to an old home! It's a 1914 Arts and Crafts (with Victorian characteristics as well.…

Started by Melissa Wolff

4 Feb 9
Reply by Melissa Wolff

We are looking for homes/homeowners of repurposed buildings for an upcoming Television Series

I am a Producer/Director for a Production Company in Knoxville, TN called Beyond Media.  We work closely with HGTV, DIY, and Great American…

Started by Brantley Ferrell

0 Jan 30

RSS

Get Connected:

Follow Us on Twitter We're on Facebook!

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Community Host.   Powered by

Old Houses | Restoration Products  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service