My Old House Online

An online community for people who love old houses.

Old Houses: 1900-1945 (509)

Featured Discussions

Attic Floor insulation

Well it is that time of year... and I thought I should ask before I bought anything. Right now I have a very small amount of "rock wool" in…

Started by MartinLatest Reply

Insulating original windows

Hello! We are in the (long) process of restoring a 1930 bungalow that has 20-odd double-hung windows. My husband is repairing them himself,…

Started by Adrienne MLatest Reply

Color Selection Chart from 1920's

In items left by original owner we found this color selection chart. our home is a Gordon Van Tine catalog house but we feel that the color…

Started by Nick WylieLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Parging

Can anyone offer advice on parging?  Our basement stone walls are crumbling in spots and when you apply pressure, it is like sand dropping…

Started by I love old houses!

0 yesterday

1950s era red "vinyl" fabric for kitchen chairs

Looking for 1950s era red "vinyl" fabric for replacing on kitchen chairs that are cracking from age. Set includes matching red formica tabl…

Started by Robert Hinkel

2 yesterday
Reply by Robert Hinkel

Help identifying style of 1925 house

My wife & I recently purchased our 1925 home and undergone a fairly extensive rennovation of the entire house (except the kitchen which…

Started by Scott Allen

1 on Monday
Reply by Repairman Jack

injection foam insulation in NH

Does anyone have any thoughts, advice concerning injection foam insulation? My 1940's era rental house needs to have two exterior walls ins…

Started by Julia Steed Mawson

2 on Sunday
Reply by Robby Baker

Hello from MS. Asking for information on the style of our house.

Hello, could anyone help me with the style of our new project? It was built in 1908 in Water Valley Ms. We recently added new shingles and…

Started by Jerri Anne Davis

7 Feb 3
Reply by caseypratt

Radiator Paint Question

I need to paint three radiators that are original to my 1903 house.  I am looking for a metallic dark bronze kind of color.  I haven't done…

17 Jan 24
Reply by Ken klemmer

huge pantry into first floor bath

Sometime in about 1947 the residents of our house installed a full bath in what was the first floor pantry. Until we dug in and redid it th…

Started by StoneHouseGuy

3 Jan 22
Reply by StoneHouseGuy

Old Septic problem

Hello new to this site. I came here hoping someone else might be able to give me some ideas regarding how the old septics are laid out. The…

Started by Dave

4 Jan 19
Reply by Dave

Can a radiator be repaired?

I had a radiator that had about eight fins sandblasted and powder coated in a gorgeous Pompeian Gold Metallic.  It was stunning and well wo…

3 Jan 9
Reply by Franz

Wood to match these floors?

Hi, I've showed the floors to a few more people (see this original post), and they have told me it is vertical grain heart pine on the main…

Started by Mark W

5 Jan 1
Reply by Randall Marder

RSS

Get Connected:

Follow Us on Twitter We're on Facebook! LinkedIn

Badge

Loading…

© 2016   Created by Community Host.   Powered by

Old Houses | Restoration Products  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service