Old Houses: 1900-1945 (585)

Featured Discussions

Attic Floor insulation

Well it is that time of year... and I thought I should ask before I bought anything. Right now I have a very small amount of "rock wool" in…

Started by MartinLatest Reply

Insulating original windows

Hello! We are in the (long) process of restoring a 1930 bungalow that has 20-odd double-hung windows. My husband is repairing them himself,…

Started by Adrienne MLatest Reply

Color Selection Chart from 1920's

In items left by original owner we found this color selection chart. our home is a Gordon Van Tine catalog house but we feel that the color…

Started by Nick WylieLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

One window missing pulleys for window weights.

I am working on repairing and restringing the window weights on all the windows in my house that was built around 1910.  I have 7 windows i…

Started by Leigh Breitenstein

2 Aug 9
Reply by psychochix

Historic Property vs. Codes in Michigan

I have a property registered with the NPS as historic (registered 1985). I have stained glass windows that block egress exits and contain l…

Started by Jason Wulf

6 Aug 8
Reply by Ken klemmer

1925 - Style?

I'm new to this! First house and I'm beyond thrilled. I fell in love with this guy (the house) and have no clue. It was built 1925 though a…

Started by J Claire

1 Aug 6
Reply by Kristopher

1920s Plaster Restoration

This is my first post as I've been searching through forums for a while trying to find useful information for an ongoing restoration I have…

Started by Daniel Jones

3 Jul 21
Reply by psychochix

Marquetry Flooring

I just learned something about our home...  Throughout our main floor, we have dark oak floors.  In one of the main rooms however, the wood…

Started by RAH

9 Jul 3
Reply by Phil

Cost to move plumbing?

Does anyone know a ballpark of what it costs to move plumbing? I have a very small bathroom that needs to be reconfigured and would be movi…

Started by Zie M

7 Jun 27
Reply by Robert Starnes

Lead paint

I have an old house which has been painted sloppily over the years. I am planning on tackling the paint on the interior doors, so I bought…

Started by Chris

1 Jun 11
Reply by RAH

Waterproofing Poured Foundation

Hello all, I have a 1939 house with a poured foundation wall. We've been experiencing leaks in the basement since we bought. Initially the…

Started by Chris

1 Jun 8
Reply by Dana Dickson

Basement egress windows for the antique home?

Hey all, We have a 1904, brick foundation home with a basement access door off a storage/furnace room that leads to the backyard and stairs…

Started by Jessika Aguilar

0 Jun 5

1900 - 1906 California Bungalow

Hello everyone! This is my first post here, so hello and it's nice to meet you! We recently purchased our first home, a California Bungalo…

Started by Kristopher

3 Jun 4
Reply by Kristopher

RSS

Get Connected:

Follow Us on Twitter We're on Facebook!

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by Community Host.   Powered by

Old Houses | Restoration Products  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service