My Old House Online

An online community for people who love old houses.

Old Houses: Pre-1900 (760)

Featured Discussions

Greek Revival Kitchen

I have an 1847 half a double in a small PA town. My kitchen was originally separate from the main house but was connected via a new dining…

Started by JanLatest Reply

Bathroom with Wrap-Around Drawer Vanity

This was a fun creative piece of work I did this past summer. Hope it is interesting: All the best, Basswood http://basswoodcarpentry.c

Started by basswoodLatest Reply

in-roof gutters

I'm about to get the roof replaced on my 1894 Victorian. Due to the crown moulding on all the fascia, the gutters are actually placed into…

Started by LeRoy WilliamsLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Insulation Question, Helpful Suggstions or Hints?

Demo work has finally begun! Any suggestions for insulation? I was thinking R-19 as I live in Pittsburgh PA and the winters can often be we…

Started by Will H

22 2 hours ago
Reply by Mark W. Hoffa

Pre-1900 home with some sections of unfinished flooring - need opinions

Hello, My husband and I are in the process of buying a pre-1900 home. It has been very well maintained and is very lovely... we feel like t…

Started by Rkat

6 22 hours ago
Reply by Richard Pryor

Amazing Victorian w/ carriage house in need of restoration for sale 200K

Amazing Victorian! Looking for a new owner to restore this gorgeous property to its original beauty. Beautiful cherry built-ins, Greek key…

Started by LisaP

24 yesterday
Reply by LisaP

I Found This Innovative!

I think this is a great way to "save" old commercial buildings that are in jeapordy of being razed. I especially liked how they retained so…

Started by Will H

0 on Saturday

inlaid floor help

ok so heres my problem today, i have inlaid floors in some rooms they need to be refinished and have not been done since the original finis…

Started by Quintin - Walt Tiffany

8 Aug 27
Reply by Lair Tienter

Architect from Milwaukee and Tacoma , Knapp

hi every one i thought id toss a line out on here , has any one ever heard of an architect named Isaac Jay Knapp , usually went by I.Jay Kn…

Started by Quintin - Walt Tiffany

0 Aug 27

Amazing Victorian w/ carriage house in need of restoration for sale

Is this an appropriate forum to list a Victorian home for sale? Only 200K! 1890 build.  

Started by LisaP

0 Aug 22

FREE WEBINAR: Choosing a Screen or Storm Door For Your Home.

Sponsored by Vintage Doors Presented by Vintage Doors and Old House Journal magazine Adding a screen & storm door to your home is the e…

Started by Danielle Small

0 Aug 19

Do you live in a George F. Barber "pattern book" house?

I am researching the work on noted "pattern book" architect, George F. Barber. Barber is credited with the creation of tens of thousands of…

Started by Chris DiMattei

93 Aug 18
Reply by Chris DiMattei

Shellac over apple green paint? Historical finish?

All -     One our 3rd floor I recently discovered what seemed to be a wood finish on paneling based on shellac on top of a pale green o…

Started by PStewart

12 Aug 15
Reply by Quintin - Walt Tiffany

RSS

Get Connected:

Follow Us on Twitter We're on Facebook! LinkedIn

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Community Host.

Old Houses | Restoration Products  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service