My Old House Online

An online community for people who love old houses.

Old Houses: Pre-1900 (802)

Featured Discussions

Greek Revival Kitchen

I have an 1847 half a double in a small PA town. My kitchen was originally separate from the main house but was connected via a new dining…

Started by JanLatest Reply

Bathroom with Wrap-Around Drawer Vanity

This was a fun creative piece of work I did this past summer. Hope it is interesting: All the best, Basswood http://basswoodcarpentry.c

Started by basswoodLatest Reply

in-roof gutters

I'm about to get the roof replaced on my 1894 Victorian. Due to the crown moulding on all the fascia, the gutters are actually placed into…

Started by LeRoy WilliamsLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Very Damp Stone House

Hi everyone.  This question is for the experts in old stone houses and masonry.  My son is considering buying a stone house that is current…

Started by Mal & Greg

1 15 hours ago
Reply by Lair Tienter

Interior Door Oiling

I have some excellent interior doors in the 1856 home I just bought out of foreclosure. No paint on them at all. The wood is dry as a bone.…

Started by James Hartman

11 yesterday
Reply by Al Fortunato Furnituremaker

Aluminum windows and siding?

I just purchased a 1894 Folk Victorian (I believe) in a tiny little town in Eastern Oregon.  I did not set out to own an historic home!  I…

Started by Jennifer Garinger

14 on Wednesday
Reply by James Olson

Double hung, help with center stop?

Hi, So, after researching and drinking a lot of coffee for confidence, I finally decided to try and remove the upper sash of one of my 28 d…

Started by Kari Dunn

9 on Wednesday
Reply by Randy Klepinger

Do you live in a George F. Barber "pattern book" house?

I am researching the work on noted "pattern book" architect, George F. Barber. Barber is credited with the creation of tens of thousands of…

Started by Chris DiMattei

100 on Wednesday
Reply by Tammi Frazier

Spray foam insulation for an 1880s victorian: hope or horror?

All - Hi All - We are restoring a huge 1880 Queen Anne Victorian in Upstate NY. This is a great house but was occupied by a college frate…

Started by PStewart

12 Feb 20
Reply by Morgan M Audetat

oh gutters!!

Why do you think the gutter guy is talking me into K-style gutters on the tallest part of my Victorian?  I know he's trying to help me save…

Started by Kari Dunn

10 Feb 16
Reply by Kari Dunn

insulating low slope epdm roof from ceiling below

Hi. I recently had an Epdm roof installed on my 140 year old house. It's low slope and meets with a gable roof on the other part of the hou…

Started by joseph moore

0 Feb 15

HandPaintedWoodSigns.com at Historic Home Show, Valley Forge

We are enjoying the Historic Home Show in Valley Forge and meeting so many wonderfully dedicated historic home owners. Come see our demonst…

Started by T.C. Kearns

0 Feb 8

Pipes into our old house

We recently purchased an OLD home and were doing some digging in the side yard when we ran into a pipe. We had no idea what the pipe was fo…

Started by Steve Busby

13 Feb 7
Reply by James Olson

RSS

Get Connected:

Follow Us on Twitter We're on Facebook! LinkedIn

Badge

Loading…

© 2015   Created by Community Host.

Old Houses | Restoration Products  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service