My Old House Online

An online community for people who love old houses.

Old Houses: Pre-1900 (783)

Featured Discussions

Greek Revival Kitchen

I have an 1847 half a double in a small PA town. My kitchen was originally separate from the main house but was connected via a new dining…

Started by JanLatest Reply

Bathroom with Wrap-Around Drawer Vanity

This was a fun creative piece of work I did this past summer. Hope it is interesting: All the best, Basswood http://basswoodcarpentry.c

Started by basswoodLatest Reply

in-roof gutters

I'm about to get the roof replaced on my 1894 Victorian. Due to the crown moulding on all the fascia, the gutters are actually placed into…

Started by LeRoy WilliamsLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Floor adhesive pains

After removing the luan and then masonite, we have 'most' of the floor with the original linoleum "dress up" and it has a tar like adhesive…

Started by Tom owns a Barber #1

2 15 minutes ago
Reply by Tom owns a Barber #1

Advice on cleaning up hand hewn logs (inside)

Hi, I am trying to figure out the best way to clean logs that used to be covered by plaster  and some lime (see picture). I'm thinking some…

Started by Yves Mailhot

2 yesterday
Reply by Mal & Greg

Replacing sash pins

Need a little advice on the best way to replace the old sash pins in my windows. The old pins are frozen and/or dis functional. I was able…

Started by psychochix

1 yesterday
Reply by caseypratt

Oil to Gas Heat

Hi this is my first post.  I have a two family house built in 1923.  I have oil steam heat using the cast iron radiators.  I am in process…

Started by Diamond Dixon

18 yesterday
Reply by Diamond Dixon

teriple track storm windows

Does anyone know where I can buy new (or old but working) triple track storm windows? Mine are coming apart at the corners, several of the…

Started by Julia Steed Mawson

0 yesterday

old cistern question

I have a problem  (of course!). My kitchen drain pipe goes into the basement, where it empties into a tile which leads outside to the ciste…

Started by Shelley Reimer

2 yesterday
Reply by Shelley Reimer

Looking for a chandelier

Hello. New to the forum. We just bought this house www.dkwarrenhouse.com and are looking for a chandelier to keep continuity. I have attach…

Started by mike adelmann

8 on Monday
Reply by Will H

What style of house is this/ whats wrong here?

Hello everyone. This is the late 1800's farm house we just bought. I'm thinking it is a foursquare but some features don't add up. Hoping f…

Started by Kim G

4 on Monday
Reply by Kim G

Floor joists sagging in historic home

Our family recently moved into the John Garst farmhouse in Ashland County, Ohio.  This home was built in 1864 and is listed on the National…

Started by Keith Cornelius

2 Oct 25
Reply by Keith Flanagan

Converting from electric baseboard heat back to radiators

So many of the houses for sale that we look at have baseboard heat.  I lived with this system for much of my life, and I will never, ever g…

Started by Tiffaney Jewel

1 Oct 24
Reply by Bill Hendrickson

RSS

Get Connected:

Follow Us on Twitter We're on Facebook! LinkedIn

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Community Host.

Old Houses | Restoration Products  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service