Old Houses: Pre-1900 (908)

Featured Discussions

Greek Revival Kitchen

I have an 1847 half a double in a small PA town. My kitchen was originally separate from the main house but was connected via a new dining…

Started by JanLatest Reply

Bathroom with Wrap-Around Drawer Vanity

This was a fun creative piece of work I did this past summer. Hope it is interesting: All the best, Basswood http://basswoodcarpentry.c

Started by Brian CampbellLatest Reply

in-roof gutters

I'm about to get the roof replaced on my 1894 Victorian. Due to the crown moulding on all the fascia, the gutters are actually placed into…

Started by LeRoy WilliamsLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

tongue and groove porch boards

Does anyone know where to get porch boards in a 3 3/8 X 5/8 thick size?   I have a 1903 Queen Anne Victorian that needs some replaced.  App…

Started by Michele Hamlin

2 Jun 18
Reply by Michele Hamlin

storm windows: replacement options

We have an 1890s Victorian. We are looking at options to replace the wooden storm windows with something that gives us more function. Plus,…

Started by Eileen Dushek-Manthe

3 Jun 12
Reply by Randall Marder

How to Restore Curved Turret Windows

Our 1885 Stick Victorian has a beautiful turret complete with huge curved wavy leaded glass windows.  The glass is in great shape, the wind…

Started by KARODY ROBBINS

6 May 18
Reply by Eileen Dushek-Manthe

Identify Old Floors in Kitchen

We are currently in the process of remodeling the kitchen of our circa 1890 home. After removing layers of linoleum we have begun to uncove…

Started by Austin Litteral

6 May 10
Reply by Randall Marder

Do I use a sealer on 227 year old pine floors - Sanded.

I have 227 year old, probably white pine floors throughout my house.  I just sanded and will be using Zar's Classic oil based polyurethane.…

Started by Pamela Logan

3 May 10
Reply by Randall Marder

in-roof gutters

I'm about to get the roof replaced on my 1894 Victorian. Due to the crown moulding on all the fascia, the gutters are actually placed into…

Started by LeRoy Williams

17 Apr 22
Reply by Pamela Logan

Restoring a log house

I am uncovering logs from early 1800's and need to figure out the best way to clean them

Started by Lorraine Nacey

11 Apr 12
Reply by Lorraine Nacey

The original stain leaded glass Koi pond lantern at the Gamble House Museum

I found a picture that I took during my days preserving the Gamble House Museum, under the direction of Randel Makinson.  As you can see in…

Started by Randall Marder

2 Apr 11
Reply by Randall Marder

Please help me identify beautiful hand painted chandelier.

Please help me identify this big beautiful lady.  She is hand painted with quite a bit of crazing on the china.  Arms are brass, similar to…

Started by KARODY ROBBINS

5 Mar 23
Reply by KARODY ROBBINS

Slate Roof Repair

It's been 15 years this month since I had my slate roof installed, had the box gutters rebuilt and lined in copper and had copper downspout…

Started by Susan Scofield

2 Mar 14
Reply by Susan Scofield

RSS

Get Connected:

Follow Us on Twitter We're on Facebook!

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Community Host.   Powered by

Old Houses | Restoration Products  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service