My Old House Online

An online community for people who love old houses.

Old Houses: Pre-1900 (774)

Featured Discussions

Greek Revival Kitchen

I have an 1847 half a double in a small PA town. My kitchen was originally separate from the main house but was connected via a new dining…

Started by JanLatest Reply

Bathroom with Wrap-Around Drawer Vanity

This was a fun creative piece of work I did this past summer. Hope it is interesting: All the best, Basswood http://basswoodcarpentry.c

Started by basswoodLatest Reply

in-roof gutters

I'm about to get the roof replaced on my 1894 Victorian. Due to the crown moulding on all the fascia, the gutters are actually placed into…

Started by LeRoy WilliamsLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

old cistern question

I have a problem  (of course!). My kitchen drain pipe goes into the basement, where it empties into a tile which leads outside to the ciste…

Started by Shelley Reimer

0 17 hours ago

Pre-1900 home with some sections of unfinished flooring - need opinions

Hello, My husband and I are in the process of buying a pre-1900 home. It has been very well maintained and is very lovely... we feel like t…

Started by Rkat

14 yesterday
Reply by Rkat

What style of house is this/ whats wrong here?

Hello everyone. This is the late 1800's farm house we just bought. I'm thinking it is a foursquare but some features don't add up. Hoping f…

Started by Kim G

0 yesterday

Introduction and Some Help

Hello, I am new to the site and am hoping some one can help me with a question about my house. I have a ~1915 Victorian house in upstate N…

Started by Jim Quinn

12 yesterday
Reply by Jim Quinn

1832 Grist Mill & Land - Looking for Good Steward

The heirs of the GT Wilburn Estate are offering this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to own a genuine piece of Americana real estate. The he…

Started by GT Wilburn

2 on Monday
Reply by GT Wilburn

What can we do with the old doors?

Our house was built in 1864.  As the result of several renovations, there are about a dozen doors in our attic.  They are heavy, solid wood…

Started by Elaine Cozort

7 on Sunday
Reply by James Olson

Old house finish quandry

We found a box style newel post at an antique store and want to retrofit it to where the original back stair case was. The retrofit will be…

Started by Tom owns a Barber #1

2 on Thursday
Reply by Tom owns a Barber #1

Some authentic color schemes

Here are twenty-four authentic late-Victorian color schemes taken fromhttps://archive.org/details/CatalogueAndPriceListOfTheManufacturesOfT…

Started by Ed Ferris

22 Oct 7
Reply by James Olson

HELP PLEASE...

We are considering buying a historic Southern home, circa 1857. I think it is Greek Revival style. I need to get in touch with a restoratio…

Started by C Tate

5 Oct 7
Reply by Bill Hendrickson

Replacing metal casement windows

IMG_0621.JPG Hi everyone, The house we bought (see my first post "Yikes. I bought an 1898 Victorian") has a guest house and carriage house…

Started by Adam Melero

3 Oct 4
Reply by Randall Marder

RSS

Get Connected:

Follow Us on Twitter We're on Facebook! LinkedIn

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Community Host.

Old Houses | Restoration Products  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service