My Old House Online

An online community for people who love old houses.

Old Houses: Pre-1900 (795)

Featured Discussions

Greek Revival Kitchen

I have an 1847 half a double in a small PA town. My kitchen was originally separate from the main house but was connected via a new dining…

Started by JanLatest Reply

Bathroom with Wrap-Around Drawer Vanity

This was a fun creative piece of work I did this past summer. Hope it is interesting: All the best, Basswood http://basswoodcarpentry.c

Started by basswoodLatest Reply

in-roof gutters

I'm about to get the roof replaced on my 1894 Victorian. Due to the crown moulding on all the fascia, the gutters are actually placed into…

Started by LeRoy WilliamsLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pipes into our old house

We recently purchased an OLD home and were doing some digging in the side yard when we ran into a pipe. We had no idea what the pipe was fo…

Started by Steve Busby

8 13 hours ago
Reply by cblehmann

A beautiful chandelier

I have decided that this is too large for any rooms in my house, but at this price, this is a steal and very appropriate for 1890-1910 hous…

Started by Phil

0 15 hours ago

original victorian interiors

I'm looking for Victorian era books or magazines, that show or describe the times design , basically an interior design book or magazine ,…

Started by Quintin - Walt Tiffany

3 19 hours ago
Reply by caseypratt

Restoring Brownstone Shutters

Hi all... looking for some advice for best practices in cleaning and possibly restoring original NYC Brownstone shutters. I got an amazing…

Started by bryan michael

0 21 hours ago

Do I have a Barber Home?

This home was built by Preston Downer for his daughter Nonnie when she married Joseph Moseley around 1896. The home is located near Fairvie…

Started by Diane Turner

5 on Tuesday
Reply by Paul Turner

Do you live in a George F. Barber "pattern book" house?

I am researching the work on noted "pattern book" architect, George F. Barber. Barber is credited with the creation of tens of thousands of…

Started by Chris DiMattei

99 Jan 20
Reply by caseypratt

proper way to carpet stairs with brass rods

I have a 1910 Craftsman style foursquare house. I want to know the correct way to carpet the staircase using the brass rods? I pulled up…

Started by Paul Lehman

5 Jan 16
Reply by caseypratt

what are these marks on the wall ??

so to start with the basic info its was once the exterior wall of the dining room it had a window on the right and two on the left the firs…

Started by Quintin - Walt Tiffany

6 Jan 15
Reply by Mrs. Laura Steele

"moisturizing" old attic plank flooring

I have a large attic in my wood frame, late 19th century, Victorian house. The floor is unfinished wood plank, and I believe it is original…

Started by Daniel

8 Jan 4
Reply by Daniel

How do you fund restoration?

I am curious how others fund serious restoration projects. We are setting up a GoFundMe and Kickstarter. There are no grants or loan progra…

Started by Susan Bonser

10 Jan 4
Reply by Kari Dunn

RSS

Get Connected:

Follow Us on Twitter We're on Facebook! LinkedIn

Badge

Loading…

© 2015   Created by Community Host.

Old Houses | Restoration Products  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service