My Old House Online

An online community for people who love old houses.

Old Houses: Pre-1900 (720)

Featured Discussions

Greek Revival Kitchen

I have an 1847 half a double in a small PA town. My kitchen was originally separate from the main house but was connected via a new dining…

Started by JanLatest Reply

Bathroom with Wrap-Around Drawer Vanity

This was a fun creative piece of work I did this past summer. Hope it is interesting: All the best, Basswood http://basswoodcarpentry.c

Started by basswoodLatest Reply

in-roof gutters

I'm about to get the roof replaced on my 1894 Victorian. Due to the crown moulding on all the fascia, the gutters are actually placed into…

Started by LeRoy WilliamsLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What do you call this door knob/latch?

I have several of these throughout my house. I wanted to order a replacement part for one but I can't find this same knob & latch anywh…

Started by John Dingman

3 16 minutes ago
Reply by James Olson

Wood sashes

The previous owner removed 8 of our wooden sashes and replaced with improperly sized vinyl windows. I plan on making my own sashes by order…

Started by Kyle Barker

6 on Monday
Reply by Tom owns a Barber #1

Easy rules for old house types

I had to share something i said to someone who was asking me advice about doing something on their old house. A Victorian like mine. It man…

Started by Tom owns a Barber #1

8 on Thursday
Reply by Franz

Standard bathroom sink

We bought a Standard oval pedestal sink at an architectural salvage store this weekend and overall it's in fair condition. However, it does…

Started by Kyle Barker

0 Apr 7

Late Victorian Dining Room Update II - Nearing the Finish Line for Woodwork

Ok Guys and gals -    Are any of my old friends still posting here? Started on this site in 2008 when we bought our 1st Queen Anne in Osw…

Started by PStewart

24 Apr 7
Reply by PStewart

Houses With Names

In May we purchased an 1865 house. (You can watch the videos). It is close to the center of town and was probably built and owned by one of…

Started by CatwomanofV

23 Apr 4
Reply by Tom owns a Barber #1

Stave column repair

I have a two story portico on my 1867 Greek Revival home. There are six stave columns approximately 20 feet tall with a 24 inch diameter at…

Started by Phil Rhoton

7 Apr 2
Reply by John Leeke

tin ceiling in a bathroom

We are creating a master bath in a our 1882 folk italianate where there wasn't one before (existing empty space). We're doing it period sty…

Started by Dianne

8 Mar 30
Reply by James Olson

Possible Cistern or Well?

We recently moved into our house that was built in the 1880's. In the basement, there is an area in the floor that was not covered over by…

Started by K. Petrillo

5 Mar 24
Reply by cblehmann

What type of house is this

I love this house and would like to know what style of home it is.

Started by Laurie pacheco

6 Mar 21
Reply by Laurie pacheco

RSS

Get Connected:

Follow Us on Twitter We're on Facebook! LinkedIn

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Community Host.

Old Houses | Restoration Products  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service