My Old House Online

An online community for people who love old houses.

Old Houses: Pre-1900 (836)

Featured Discussions

Greek Revival Kitchen

I have an 1847 half a double in a small PA town. My kitchen was originally separate from the main house but was connected via a new dining…

Started by JanLatest Reply

Bathroom with Wrap-Around Drawer Vanity

This was a fun creative piece of work I did this past summer. Hope it is interesting: All the best, Basswood http://basswoodcarpentry.c

Started by Brian CampbellLatest Reply

in-roof gutters

I'm about to get the roof replaced on my 1894 Victorian. Due to the crown moulding on all the fascia, the gutters are actually placed into…

Started by LeRoy WilliamsLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Bondo Bird Repair

FYI - Some sparrows carved out a nice little space last spring in the opposing corners of where my roof eaves meet. They were great at find…

Started by KenK

5 Nov 14
Reply by KenK

Leaking hot water radiator pipes?

My 1928 brick home contains hot water radiators which I love. I have oak hardwood floors and plaster ceilings. Standing downstairs looking…

Started by M. Markham

2 Nov 10
Reply by Lair Tienter

Need help finding a company that makes and paints signs.

I'm looking for a company that can make and paint a large freestanding sign to go in my yard. I'm having trouble finding a company that can…

Started by Jenn

2 Nov 7
Reply by Jenn

Cast iron tub manufacturer ID needed

I have our 1925 cast iron Pedistal bathtub that we are removing for our remodel. It's marked with following information : The logo is a "S…

Started by Chris Knipstein

2 Oct 28
Reply by caseypratt

Odd 1885 window lock

The 1885 portion of my house's windows are outfitted with the most unique window locks I have ever seen (and, indeed, I have never seen the…

Started by Andy Streenz

13 Oct 27
Reply by Andy Streenz

Adding heat to a bedroom

I have a bedroom with no heat. It's not bad if the door is left open, but I'd like to take the chill out of the air. The rest of the house…

Started by psychochix

3 Oct 25
Reply by Phil

Historic Restoration Adaptive Reuse Show

Started by Ashley Kelly

0 Oct 21

Anyone use Certainteed Grand Manor or Carriage House shingles?

It looks like the roof on our 1890's Victorian is shot and we need to replace it this summer.  It will be a complete tear off (2 existing l…

Started by John Ochman

13 Oct 19
Reply by John Ochman

How to find a historical restoration contractor?

I'm looking at purchasing a 1853 Greek Revival. The house will need some exterior work done that is outside of my expertise,  but the probl…

Started by Jenn

3 Oct 19
Reply by Jenn

oh gutters!!

Why do you think the gutter guy is talking me into K-style gutters on the tallest part of my Victorian?  I know he's trying to help me save…

Started by Kari Dunn

15 Oct 18
Reply by John Ochman

Get Connected:

Follow Us on Twitter We're on Facebook! LinkedIn

© 2015   Created by Community Host.   Powered by

Old Houses | Restoration Products  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service