My Old House Online

An online community for people who love old houses.

Old Houses: Pre-1900 (866)

Featured Discussions

Greek Revival Kitchen

I have an 1847 half a double in a small PA town. My kitchen was originally separate from the main house but was connected via a new dining…

Started by JanLatest Reply

Bathroom with Wrap-Around Drawer Vanity

This was a fun creative piece of work I did this past summer. Hope it is interesting: All the best, Basswood http://basswoodcarpentry.c

Started by Brian CampbellLatest Reply

in-roof gutters

I'm about to get the roof replaced on my 1894 Victorian. Due to the crown moulding on all the fascia, the gutters are actually placed into…

Started by LeRoy WilliamsLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Is this a Victorian light fitting or not?

Started by Cat Wood

1 26 minutes ago
Reply by Cat Wood

My website on Brooklyn parquetry floor borders

For the past year I have been visiting houses in Brooklyn taking pictures of the floors. I go to open houses and take house tours. Before I…

Started by Don Wiss

6 on Thursday
Reply by James Olson

Hello, new to the forum.

Hi, I'm new to the forum and wanted to say hello. My in-laws bought a very old house back in 2010 that they are restoring. My wife and I li…

Started by David Singer

5 on Thursday
Reply by James Olson

Pros and cons of winterizing

We shut down my mother's house for the winter in Oct. 2014, drained pipes professionally, etc., kept the electricity on. The house is in Ma…

Started by Linda stearns

4 on Thursday
Reply by Robert T. Hale

Looking for this wallpaper pattern

Started by Sidonie McDaniel

7 Jun 15
Reply by Sidonie McDaniel

Do you live in a George F. Barber "pattern book" house?

I am researching the work on noted "pattern book" architect, George F. Barber. Barber is credited with the creation of tens of thousands of…

Started by Chris DiMattei

103 Jun 13
Reply by Stephen Aleman

Shingle Style Lighting

With the Shingle Style coming at the end of the Victorian period and right before the A & C movement, I am having trouble finding image…

Started by I love old houses!

8 Jun 13
Reply by Randall Marder

Historic 1872 Victorian Italianate Home For Sale

This 1872 Victorian Italianate framed home offers modern conveniences while the historic architecture fills the senses. The spacious kitche…

Started by Michael

0 Jun 3

Anyone have a product to recommend?

Does anyone have a product they can recommend to seal in panes of glass into my front storm doors? I can't seem to get a picture to attach…

Started by Kari Dunn

9 Jun 3
Reply by Phil

Bathroom tile

Hello - have a bathroom floor basket weave design - black and whilte, some of the white tiles are discolored - darkened, some have a rust s…

Started by RICHARD DELUCIA

4 May 23
Reply by RICHARD DELUCIA

RSS

Get Connected:

Follow Us on Twitter We're on Facebook! LinkedIn

Badge

Loading…

© 2016   Created by Community Host.   Powered by

Old Houses | Restoration Products  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service