Old Houses: Pre-1900 (950)

Featured Discussions

Greek Revival Kitchen

I have an 1847 half a double in a small PA town. My kitchen was originally separate from the main house but was connected via a new dining…

Started by JanLatest Reply

Bathroom with Wrap-Around Drawer Vanity

This was a fun creative piece of work I did this past summer. Hope it is interesting: All the best, Basswood http://basswoodcarpentry.c

Started by Brian CampbellLatest Reply

in-roof gutters

I'm about to get the roof replaced on my 1894 Victorian. Due to the crown moulding on all the fascia, the gutters are actually placed into…

Started by LeRoy WilliamsLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What style is my 1880 home ?

Started by Davey

1 Oct 13
Reply by Lair Tienter

Remodelling old house

My grandfather gifted me his old house as my wedding gift. It's an old house which is about 100 years old. I'm planning to shift into that…

Started by LauraTom

2 Oct 10
Reply by Theresa Mary Giancola

tin ceiling in a bathroom

We are creating a master bath in a our 1882 folk italianate where there wasn't one before (existing empty space). We're doing it period sty…

Started by Dianne

9 Oct 8
Reply by jackycypress

Painted wallpaper

Purchased a cute 1920 bungalow that has wallpaper over plaster in every room. For the most part it's in great shape with several coats of p…

Started by Dee Parks

4 Sep 27
Reply by Cara

Removing polyurethane with hydrogen peroxide

I thought this might be useful to someone. When my dog chewed into and spilled a bottle of hydrogen peroxide on the floor with a 30 year ol…

Started by Denise M Costley

2 Sep 22
Reply by Phil

Brick Repair

Brick Repair Our porte was sadly damaged when previous owners built a garage in the 50's.  In so doing, they took out two brick columns tha…

Started by RAH

7 Sep 8
Reply by Dana Dickson

Hole in Window casing exterior

I have been recently restoring my 1901 house, while scraping the windows my wife and myself have noticed holes in every window casing about…

Started by Justin Wandell

1 Aug 25
Reply by psychochix

Figure out age of small timber framed cape

Hi there, We bought what we thought was a small circa 1800 timber framed cape this summer. The listing stated the year built as 1800 and th…

Started by Eric Kelly

14 Aug 21
Reply by Eric Kelly

Chimney: remove or keep?

We are having some work done on our 1890s house. The chimney is no longer used for ventilation. The roofers removed the top of it when they…

Started by Eileen Dushek-Manthe

5 Aug 21
Reply by Kate Cross

Renovating fireplace to try to cure damp problem

Hi All, I've been trying to find a solution to my blue lias stone floor becoming damp in wet weather. The stone flooring is most likely la…

Started by Oliver Foster

1 Aug 21
Reply by Kate Cross

RSS

Get Connected:

Follow Us on Twitter We're on Facebook!

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by Community Host.   Powered by

Old Houses | Restoration Products  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service