All Discussions Tagged 'door' (16)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

In search of 19th century front door

In search of a front door to replace this horrid Home Depot special that is on our beautiful 1865 home. I'm guessing the original door was…

Started by Stephanie

26 Aug 24
Reply by Stephanie

Hearts Carved in Door

I have a question regarding the door in a Massachusetts home built c. 1760 for a wealthy minister. Inside the home, there is a door in betw…

Started by Marya Makuc

0 Jul 29, 2016

Front Door Help

Hi All,  I am in the process of purchasing a home built in 1865. There are a lot of really great features of this home (the wrap around por…

Started by Stephanie

7 Jul 18, 2016
Reply by Stephanie

Front Door Repair - Veneer

Hey guys, I'm here to ask about Front Door repairs.My front door has some damage on the veneer. It has so much character, I really don't wa…

Started by Tyler

5 Sep 13, 2014
Reply by Randall Marder

Need knobsets for old thin (1") doors

I have two old thin doors in my 1845 farmhouse that need new bed/bath handlesets.  The ones currently on them are cheesy old Kwiksets, and…

Started by Pete Smith

8 Jul 15, 2014
Reply by Dennis

wooden door stops

Does anyone know where I can purchase the leather tips for wooden door stops?  I will use rubber ones if I can't find leather.  Thanks.

Started by Paula McCloy

0 May 27, 2013

1891 door difficult to latch -- any ideas?

Hello! I'm the proud owner of an 1891 Eastlake Victorian house with many of its original parts. I'm having an issue with one of the interio…

Started by Katie

6 Feb 12, 2013
Reply by Katie

Old entry unit help

I have an old entry unit that needs a new front door. One carpenter told me that he can install a pre hung door and another told me it is n…

Started by Michelle

16 Dec 6, 2012
Reply by Andy Streenz

Screen Door Moulding

Another question.  The present screen/storm door on the back of my ca. 1916 brick Foursquare is one of those aluminum assemblies you get at…

Started by Kathy Horstman

30 Oct 22, 2012
Reply by Bill Hendrickson

What is this?

My husband and I found a house we love and are hoping to purchase.  In the dining room, at the bottom of a door frame (entryhall to dining…

Started by Katherine Bell

9 Aug 24, 2012
Reply by Toni

RSS

Get Connected:

Follow Us on Twitter We're on Facebook!

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Community Host.   Powered by

Old Houses | Restoration Products  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service