All Discussions Tagged 'doors' (16)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

In search of 19th century arched pocket doors

I'm in search of 19th century arched pocket doors. The dimensions are around 76in wide and 101in high. We pulled the paneling off of the fr…

Started by Stephanie

1 Jul 1
Reply by Stephanie

What can we do with the old doors?

Our house was built in 1864.  As the result of several renovations, there are about a dozen doors in our attic.  They are heavy, solid wood…

Started by Elaine Cozort

7 Oct 19, 2014
Reply by James Olson

Doors available

We have about a dozen old doors from our 1864 house that we would like to sell as is.  They are primarily interior, but some have windows. …

Started by Elaine Cozort

0 Oct 18, 2014

pocket doors - how to adjust height or remove?

I want to raise the height on my pocket doors. I have double doors and a separate wide single door.  They all have a groove underneath for…

Started by Victoria

6 Jan 27, 2014
Reply by Randall Marder

FOR SALE: Interior French Doors

I have three pairs of interior French doors for sale. One pair is 29 1/4" X 96".  Two pairs are 23 1/2" X 94 1/4". All pairs have hinges an…

Started by Eugene Abbondelo

0 Jan 17, 2013

More...Your House is a Money Pit, #9

#9 Not Having a Plan of Attack.        A plan is necessary to maintain an order to the progress of a project. If a task is completed out of…

Started by Lois Groshong

2 May 1, 2012
Reply by Sarah Felix Burns

Your House is a Money Trap/10 Common Mistakes People make while working on their Older Homes

7. Replacement Not In-Kind According to Preservation standards, historic character should be retained and distinctive materials that charac…

Started by Lois Groshong

0 Feb 13, 2012

Your House is a Money Pit/10 Common Mistakes.......

5. USING CHEAP PAINT        As with most products, with paint, you really get what you pay for. In fact, the components in paint that give…

Started by Lois Groshong

4 Jan 28, 2012
Reply by Jill Perkins

Your House is a Money Pit/10 Common Mistakes people make while working on their Historic Building

Happy New Year!     3. Replacing Original Wood Windows            Technology and architectural styles have shaped the design of windows thr…

Started by Lois Groshong

0 Jan 9, 2012

For sale:2 Dutch Door Sets

I have two interior Dutch Door sets posted on EBay if anyone is interested. Both are in good shape, but do need painting or other finish w…

Started by John Nero

0 Aug 8, 2011

RSS

Get Connected:

Follow Us on Twitter We're on Facebook!

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Community Host.   Powered by

Old Houses | Restoration Products  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service