Our 1895 bank building/home. It was one of the first nationally chartered banks in Indian Territory and is located in Wynnewood, Oklahoma.
It served the community as a bank until 1969 when the bank built a new building across the street. The building was acquired by the local Masons, the windows were removed and blocked up with cinder blocks, most of the original woodwork disappeared and maintenance was non-existent. They sold the building in 1996 to some people who tried to fix it and run a business from it - neither was successful and it sat vacate for two years..
We found it in 2003 and bought it three weeks later. So begins the re-do story.